CITY OF WARWICK
ORDINANCE NO. O-17-11
APPROVED SCOTT AVEDISIAN
May 21, 2017 MAYOR
Be it ordained by the City of Warwick:
Section I. The Zoning Map and the Record Book of Lot Classifications which are a part of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Warwick are hereby amended by changing the classification of the following described premises from Residential (A-15) to General Business with restrictions, conditions and stipulations.
Lot 10 on Assessor’s Plat 241 as said plat appeared in the Tax Assessor’s office on December 31, 2016 is hereby changed from Residential (A-15) to General Business with the following restrictions, conditions and stipulations. The Lot is set forth in the legal description and on the map attached hereto as Exhibit A.
The change of zoning is subject to the following conditions, waivers and stipulations:
1. Relief from dimensional requirements for less than required building front setback from both Centerville Road(Route 117) and Bald Hill Road (Route 2 (no access), less than required interior landscape, less than required landscape buffer and less than required parking area setback from the roadway frontage is granted but only to the extent shown on the Plan submitted by Petitioner.
2. That all exterior lighting and signage shall be contained on site and designed to minimize negative impacts on neighboring properties; the site lighting shall be Dark Sky compliant, to the extent practicable.
3. That all signage shall conform to the standards of the Warwick Zoning Ordinance, Section 800. LED advertising message boards are prohibited.
4. That, due to site constraints, there shall be no drive-thru use allowed on this parcel.
5. That this recommendation for zone change is contingent upon an allowed General Business (GB) use which presents no impact on the early morning peak travel times on that section of Centerville Road (Route 117). If an otherwise allowed GB use is proposed that has hours of operation that include early morning peak travel times, then a revised traffic study shall be required to be submitted to the Administrative Officer and/or the Planning Board for review and approval of that use prior to any permitting. The Planning Department reserves the right in this position to require the traffic study at the Applicant’s expense.
Section II. The Clerk of the Zoning Board of Review is hereby authorized and directed to cause said changes to be made on the Zoning Map and the Record Book of Lot Classifications.
Section III. This Ordinance shall take effect upon passage and publication as prescribed by law.
SPONSORED BY: COUNCILMAN GALLUCCI
COMMITTEE: LAND USE
Judy Wild, City Clerk