CITY OF WARWICK
ORDINANCE NO. O-18-1
APPROVED SCOTT AVEDISIAN
January 18, 2018 MAYOR
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE ZONING ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF WARWICK, COWESETT HILLS APARTMENT, LLC, PETITIONER
Be it ordained by the City of Warwick:
Section I. The Zoning Map and the Record Book of Lot Classifications which are a part of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Warwick are hereby amended by changing the classification of the following described premises from Residential (A-10)/PDR to (A-10)/PDR with a waiver for less than required parking and restrictions, conditions and stipulations.
Lot 48 on Assessor’s Plat 236 as said plat appeared in the Tax Assessor’s office on December 31, 2016 is hereby changed from Residential (A-10)/PDR to (A-10)/PDR with a waiver for less than required parking and with the following restrictions, conditions and stipulations. The Lot is set forth in the legal description and on the map attached hereto as Exhibit A.
The change of zoning is subject to the following conditions, waivers and stipulations:
1. Relief from the parking requirements of Sec 308.2 (E) of the Zoning Ordinance to permit 2.0 parking spaces per unit for the new 48 residential units.
2. Subject to approval by the Planning Board of an acceptable landscape and screening plan to shield the proximate residential properties located along the northwest and western property lines. Said screening and landscaping plan shall be stamped and signed by a Registered Landscape Architect, as part of the Preliminary Application to the Planning Board.
3. Subject to Planning Board approval of satisfactory mitigation measures designed to address the concerns of the neighborhood as articulated at the Planning Board mandated community meeting held on November 1, 2017.
4. That the Applicant shall receive Preliminary and Final Approval from the City of Warwick Planning Board.
5. That any further intensification of use on the subject property shall require City Council Approval.
6. That the Applicant shall install a six foot high stockade fence along an 864 foot boundary of the property after clearing the landscape as is necessary to install the fence. The Applicant shall also develop a maintenance plan for the fence and the fence area.
7. That the Applicant shall change the existing speed bumps to speed tablets (so-called table top speed control features).
8. That the Applicant shall relocate the vehicle maintenance center that includes the vacuuming system.
Section II. The Clerk of the Zoning Board of Review is hereby authorized and directed to cause said changes to be made on the Zoning Map and the Record Book of Lot Classifications.
Section III. This Ordinance shall take effect upon passage and publication as prescribed by law.
COMMITTEE: LAND USE
Lyn Pagliarini, Acting City Clerk