CITY OF WARWICK
ORDINANCE NO. O-16-31
APPROVED SCOTT AVEDISIAN
December 19, 2016 MAYOR
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING
THE ZONING ORDINANCE
OF THE CITY OF WARWICK
TMC CF NEW ENGLAND, LLC
AND APM ASSOCIATES, LLC, PETITIONERS
Be it ordained by the City of Warwick:
Section I. The Zoning Map and the Record Book of Lot Classifications which are a part of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Warwick are hereby amended by changing the classification of the following described premises from Residential (A-7) to General Business with restrictions, conditions and stipulations.
Lots 382 and 383 on Assessor’s Plat 273 as said plat appeared in the Tax Assessor’s office on December 31, 2015 is hereby changed from Residential (A-7) to General Business with the following restrictions, conditions and stipulations. The Lot is set forth in the legal description and on the map attached hereto as Exhibit A.
The change of zoning is subject to the following conditions and stipulations:
1. That an Administrative Subdivision meeting the standards as set forth in the “Development Review Regulations Governing Subdivisions Land Development Projects Development Plan shall be completed by the Applicant and recorded, merging the abandoned portion of Soule Street and Assessor’s Plat 273, Assessor’s Lots 379, 382, 383, 409 and 410, as part of the of Planning Board Final Approval. This plan shall include a Record Plat name and Record Lot designations.
2. That the project engineer shall review the access/egress points and internal traffic circulation to ensure the safety of vehicles and pedestrians. The project engineer shall install measures to discourage cut through traffic, including raised pedestrian crosswalks and signage.
3. That all exterior lighting and signage shall be contained on site and designed to minimize negative impacts on neighboring properties.
4. That glare from outdoor lights, signs and from the movement of vehicles on site, shall be shielded from the view of adjacent residential properties.
5. That all signage shall conform to the standards of the Warwick Zoning Ordinance, Section 800. LED signage may be utilized for gas/fuel price information, only. LED advertising message boards are prohibited.
6. The general requirement for a Special Use Permit for Use Code 421. Gas station (no repairs), with a convenience store is hereby waived so the Petitioner will not be required to obtain said Special Use Permit.
7. The dimensional setback from an abutting residential zone is herby reduced for this project from forty (40) feet to twenty (20) feet.
8. No sale of alcohol shall be permitted by the business at the property location.
9. The business shall close every night no later than midnight and shall not open for business every day any earlier than 5:00 am.
Section II. The Clerk of the Zoning Board of Review is hereby authorized and directed to cause said changes to be made on the Zoning Map and the Record Book of Lot Classifications.
Section III. This Ordinance shall take effect upon passage and publication as prescribed by law.
COMMITTEE: LAND USE