CITY OF WARWICK
ORDINANCE NO. O-16-32
APPROVED SCOTT AVEDISIAN
December 19, 2016 MAYOR
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING
THE ZONING ORDINANCE
OF THE CITY OF WARWICK
270 AUSTIN, LLC, PETITIONER
Be it ordained by the City of Warwick:
Section I. The Zoning Map and the Record Book of Lot Classifications which are a part of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Warwick are hereby amended by changing the classification of the following described premises from Residential A-7 to Residential A-7 Planned District Residential – Limited (PDR-L) with restrictions, conditions and stipulations.
Lot 178 on Assessor’s Plat 292 as said plat appeared in the Tax Assessor’s office on December 31, 2015 is hereby changed from Residential A-7 to Residential A-7 Planned District Residential – Limited (PDR-L) with the following restrictions, conditions and stipulations. The Lot is set forth in the legal description and on the map attached hereto as Exhibit A.
The change of zoning is subject to the following conditions and stipulations:
1. Relief from dimensional requirements for less than required frontage, lot width, front yard, side yard rear yard and less than required space between buildings is granted but only to the extent as currently exists for the buildings now on the premises as shown on the Plan showing proposed condominiums site plan submitted by Petitioner.
2. That the Petitioner shall submit a Final Development Plan that shall comply with Section 3.02C of the Procedural & Technical Standards for the Practice of Land Surveying in the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Effective April 1, 1994; Amended November 25, 2015.
3. That the Petitioner shall receive Preliminary and Final Approval from the City of Warwick Planning Board.
4. That the Petitioner shall coordinate with the City’s Sanitation Division regarding trash and recycling collection.
5. That the Petitioner shall coordinate with the City’s Fire Marshall regarding residential sprinklers.
6. That all monumentation shall be protected during all phases of construction. Any monumentation that is disturbed or destroyed shall be replaced by the Petitioner.
7. That the Petitioner shall coordinate with the Planning Department regarding the development of a Landscape Plan. The Petitioner’s Arborist shall determine if the existing trees can be adequately preserved and protected during construction, prior to the development of a Landscape Plan. That the Landscape Plan shall include, but not be limited to:
• Preservation and Protection of existing mature trees that do not require removal for the new proposed development. (Including drip line tree protection details.)
• (1) one 2”-2.5” caliper deciduous shade tree for every 50 feet of lot frontage along Canonchet Avenue.
• Vegetative screening and fencing along the property lines.
• Removal of pavement/parking along the front-yard of the existing single family dwelling, Unit C, as depicted on the Master Plan dated June 20, 2016. This area shall be loamed and seeded to match the existing front-yards of abutting, City Assessor lots’ 177 and 180.
• Removal of pavement to the west of Units A & B, as depicted on the Master Plan dated June 20, 2016.
Section II. The Clerk of the Zoning Board of Review is hereby authorized and directed to cause said changes to be made on the Zoning Map and the Record Book of Lot Classifications.
Section III. This Ordinance shall take effect upon passage and publication as prescribed by law.
COMMITTEE: LAND USE
Judy Wild, City Clerk