CITY OF WARWICK
ORDINANCE NO. O-17-23
APPROVED SCOTT AVEDISIAN
August 23, 2017 MAYOR
ORDER ON THE ABANDONMENT OF A PORTION OF
ARNOLDS NECK DRIVE
CHRISTOPHER LEY AND
DUNCAN LEY, PETITIONERS
In the matter of the abandonment of a portion of Arnold’s Neck Drive described on Exhibit A attached hereto, it appearing that due notice by advertisement and as described below, has been made in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 6, General Laws 1956 and all amendments and additions thereto, and after giving opportunity to the owners of land abutting upon the hereinafter described portion of Arnold’s Neck Drive to speak for or against such abandonment and as to the damage, if any, they shall sustain thereby, and after due consideration thereof, it is hereby
1. That the portion of Arnold’s Neck Drive described on Exhibit A attached hereto be abandoned for the reason that said premises have ceased to be useful to the public as a highway or driftway.
2. That it is the judgment of the City Council of Warwick that no owner of land abutting on that portion of Arnold’s Neck Drive being abandoned has suffered any damage because of such abandonment, and for this reason the City Council awards no compensation to said abutting owners.
3. That signs shall be placed at each end of that portion of Arnold’s Neck Drive being abandoned having thereon the words “NOT A PUBLIC HIGHWAY”.
4. That notice of this order shall be advertised in a newspaper of general circulation, printed in English, and further that personal notice of same shall be served upon every owner of land abutting upon that portion of Arnold’s Neck Drive as herein described who is known to reside in this State.
5. That the City Clerk be and she is hereby authorized and directed to cause notice to be given in accordance with the provisions hereof, and the Highway Department is hereby authorized and directed to erect and place signs referred to herein.
6. The City of Warwick hereby reserves for itself, its successors and assigns, a perpetual easement over and under that portion of the abandoned roadway on which no structure is located for the purpose of constructing, installing, repairing and replacing of utilities, sewers, drains and for any other purposes. No reservation of easement is made for the portion of the abandoned roadway on which the house is located.
7. Petitioner shall prepare and record an Administrative Subdivision meeting the standards as set forth in the “Development Review Regulations Governing Subdivisions Land Development Projects Development Plan Review” for City Assessor’s Plat 365, Assessor’s Lots 154 & 155 and record same in the City of Warwick Land Evidence records.
7. Pursuant to R.I.G.L. 24-6-1 and Sec. 1-13 of the Code of Ordinances, an appraisal of the fair market value of the abandoned roadway was conducted and based upon that appraisal the Petitioner shall pay $2,279.00 to the City of Warwick.
Entered as an Order of the City Council this 17th day of July, 2017.
SPONSORED BY: COUNCILMAN MEROLLA
COMMITTEE: LAND USE
Judy Wild, City Clerk
8/29, 9/5, 9/12/19