Police Log


The Police Log is a digest of reports filed by the Warwick Police

Warwick Police were sent to the Grid Iron Ale House and Grille on Post Road around 1:15 a.m. on Jan. 9 for a disturbance involving former prizefighter Vinnie Pazienza, 50, who witnesses say refused to pay his bar tab and leave at closing time. According to a report by Officer Albert Marano, he and another officer arrived just in time to stop Pazienza from getting into a car and leaving the scene. He said Officer Hovsep Sarkisian stayed with Pazienza outside while Marano went inside to speak with the bartender. According to Marano, the bartender was closing the bar and asked Pazienza to “pay his tab about 20 times” before he went around the other side of the bar and asked him once again to pay up and leave. Marano said the owner and a friend of Pazienza’s got between them to avoid a physical confrontation and Pazienza picked up two metal bar stools and smashed them on the bar and threw them around, causing chips in the surface of the bar and breaking the seats on the stools. Pazienza was taken to headquarters where he was charged with malicious damage and disorderly conduct and later released with a summons to a sober adult.

Officer Daniel O’Connell reported he was dispatched to the area of D & L Guns on Nausauket Road around 10:50 a.m. on Dec. 26 for a report of a man attempting to sell firearms to an off-duty Providence Police detective. The detective told police the gun shop was closed at the time but he was approached by a man in the parking lot who asked him if he was interested in buying some weapons. The detective told O’Connell he asked the man to meet him behind the Exxon station across the street while he went home to get some cash to buy the guns, a marlin rifle and a shotgun. According to O’Connell, the detective then called Warwick Police and explained the situation to them. O’Connell said he arrived to find the man with the trunk of his car open and put him in handcuffs. O’Connell said he secured the seven rifles and shotguns that were in the trunk and then interviewed the man. The man told him that his grandfather had died in West Virginia and he found the guns while he was cleaning out the house. He said he drove up from his home in Connecticut to bring his wife to a methadone clinic in Warwick that day and decided to take the guns to the gun shop and sell them. He said he found the shop was closed but did encounter the Providence detective and asked him if he would be interested in buying the guns. He said he was unaware that he was talking to an off-duty detective. The car was searched but they found no more than the seven guns in the trunk. Dewayne Miller, 45, of 423 Shortbeach Dr. in East Haven, Conn., was charged with the illegal sale of firearms and possession of firearms by a convicted felony due to a prior conviction for robbery in Connecticut. Miller was later transported to District Court for arraignment and later released on surety bail.

Officer Daniel Maggiacomo reported he was on a special detail regarding a number of crimes committed in the area of the NYLO Hotel on Knight Street around 6:15 p.m. on Jan. 5 when he saw a car in the parking lot that appeared to have been there for a while. He said it was surrounded by snow and had a flat tire and when he looked inside, he saw that the center column of the car had been tampered with. He said he advised dispatch about it and ran a check on the car and learned it was reported stolen out of West Warwick. West Warwick detectives came and explained that it was one of a series of similar thefts occurring in their town and wanted to take the car back to their town to be processed for evidence. The car was released to the West Warwick detectives. Maggiacomo said attempts to contact the owner were unsuccessful.

Officer Daniel O’Connell reported he was dispatched to headquarters around 1:35 p.m. on Jan. 7 to meet with a Seekonk woman who wanted to report the theft of her son’s iPhone while he was playing at the Launch Trampoline Park on Pace Boulevard on Jan. 6 between 5 and 6 p.m. She told O’Connell her son arrived at the park and took off his shoes in the lobby area and put his $500 iPhone 4S in his shoe and it was gone when he returned an hour later. She said the phone’s lost or stolen app was activated but when she called the number, the phone was turned off. No suspects or witnesses.

Officer Gary Driscoll reported going to the Vanguard Home Medical Equipment office on Lincoln Avenue on Jan. 3 for a report of catalytic converters being sawed off two vehicles there. A manager at the company told Driscoll that someone had sawed the converter off a company truck and a GMC minivan that was kept on the property but belonged to someone else. Driscoll said he did see footprints in the snow that led from the front of the building to the rear but could not find any video surveillance of the crime. The manager told Driscoll the converters cost about $500 each. No suspects or witnesses.

Officer Matthew Barlow reported a car stolen from the parking lot of the Warren Chiropractic office on Post Road on Jan. 10. The owner of the car told Barlow she parked the car sometime between 3 and 4 p.m. and noticed it was gone when she came back for it around 5:15. An employee at the office told Barlow she saw the 2010 Kia Forte leaving the lot around 3:15 p.m. but was not aware that it was stolen and could not see who was driving it. She said it headed north on Post Road. No suspects or other witnesses. The report was forwarded to the auto squad.


1 comment on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment

Paz....still a drunken loser. Time to grow up pal. You're a little OLD.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013