Who should be fined?


To the Editor:

On Sept. 4, an article appeared in the Providence Journal titled, “War on weeds,” and a paragraph in the article pertained to the city of Wariwck. It stated that weeds cannot exceed 12 inches or the property owner can be fined $600 or be sent to prison for six months.
The lot next to me is owned by the city of Warwick and the full length of the east side of my property line has been taken over by knot weed, which some people call bamboo. This weed has reached the height of 12 feet and is hanging over my property 3 feet and preventing me from mowing my lawn on that side.
In the past, I have gone out there with my machete and hacked it down. I have done this for 30 years, but a recent stroke and heart attack that resulted in a triple by-pass renders me incapable of performing this task. I’m 87 years old.
What I would like to know is, who in the city can I fine $600 or send to jail for six months for not taking care of their property?

Robert De Vey


2 comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment

Mr. DeVey...call public works and ask for the supervisor. Explain the above. If they don't take care of you, call your councilman and/or the mayors office. They are actually pretty helpful for these types of issues.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Good Luck!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012